So, I go back today, and a different service technician calls me out of the waiting room. He tries to sell me the exact same things!! Here is the list:
- Timing belt replaced
- Spark plugs replaced
- Brake fluid replaced
- Fuel system (some kind of service or flush?)
- Radiator fluid (a flush?)
With my marvelous iPhone I emailed mom and dad while the technician was talking. This afternoon I got a reply regarding what has been done to the car in the last year:
- timing belt replaced
- drive belts replaced
- valve cover gasket, seals and washers replaced
- brake fluid replaced and master cylinder checked for leaks
- cooling system serviced and flush done
Look familiar, Kwik Kar??!!
I am not taking our car back there. If I want to be sold something I will drive onto a used car lot, go to the perfume counter at a department store, or visit an insurance office.
UPDATE 9/14/09: Blog post about who is responsible for honesty in service, in response to comments below.
UPDATE 9/14/09: Blog post about who is responsible for honesty in service, in response to comments below.