I should never have done this. We were staying with my parents and I could have brought my cloth diapers because we could have washed them, but I believed the lie that disposable would be "easier".
So we stood in Walmart gazing at all the sizes. See, this is why I think cloth is so much easier-when I want a larger size of my cloth diapers, I just unsnap the next snap and they are instantly bigger. With disposables, I have to go to the store and try to figure out what size to get, only to waste money on the wrong one because the weight ranges on the packages seem to be complete lies.
We bought what the package's weight range indicated should have been too large (14-18 lbs., Little Sir is probably 11 lbs.) but looked from the outside of the package to be only slightly larger than the Tushies. When we got home and opened them, they were in fact the same size, if not smaller than the Tushies. WHAT?!
We used them anyway, and they proceeded to leak the same, if not more, than the Tushies. We went through 2-3 outfits every day for the whole trip. We collected the dirty ones in a standard yard size trash bag, and after 4 days the bag was half full of non-biodegradeable diapers. Can you imagine how much waste would be created if we used those things all the time?! I was surprised.
The first thing people say to me when I tell them we cloth diaper is something like, "Wow, I don't know how you can do that!".
After 4 days of disposable diapering, I return that sentiment right back at ya.
Disposable diapers: wow, I don't know how you can do that!
I sure can't.